THE 300TH ANNIVERSARY IS HERE! On Nov. 22, 1718, Blackbeard was killed in “the bloodiest six minutes ever fought on Carolina waters.” Get the story in “Ocracoke: The Pearl of the Outer Banks!”
Signed edition with FREE SHIPPING.
Meet Author Ray McAllister at the following locations:
- Barnes & Noble – Libbie Place 5501 W. Broad St., Richmond, Va., 6-8 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 15.
- Bizarre Bazaar, Ray McAllister Books booth, Richmond Raceway Complex, 600 E. Laburnum Ave., Richmond, Va., 10-3 Sat., Dec. 1
- Barnes & Noble, Chesterfield Towne Center, 11500 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, Va. 3-6 p.m., Sun., Dec. 9
The Shocking Disappearance, The Celebrated Trial, and The Mystery That Remains a Century Later
BY CHARLES OLDHAM
Foreword by Ray McAllister
On Monday, February 13, 1905, eight-year-old Kenneth Beasley walked to the back of his school’s playground and into the melting snow of the woods beyond. The son of a North Carolina state senator was never seen again. A year and a half later, a political rival was charged in what became one of North Carolina’s biggest trials ever, receiving coverage up and down the East Coast. The eventual verdict and stunning aftermath would rip apart two families and shock a state … yet leave a mystery unsolved. Now Charles Oldham, attorney and author, has reopened the case, along the way investigating not only it but the state’s political, racial, lynching and liquor cultures. The result is an absorbing must read story.
“Fascinating … murky … The Senator’s Son is local history at its finest.” – DEAN KING, best-selling author
“The book is craftily written, deeply researched, and will stick to your hands like a lantern during this dark, raveled Southern tale of disappearance.” – DAVID L. ROBBINS, best-selling author
“A vibrant, engrossing true tale … both educational and nearly impossible to stop reading.” – Diane Donovan, MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW
Meet Charles at the following locations:
- Lee County Libraries, Sanford, N.C, 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 15.
- Museum of the Albemarle, Elizabeth City, N.C., 1 p.m., Sat., Nov. 17.
- Barnes & Noble, Fairfax, Va., Noon-3 p.m., Sun., Nov. 18.
- Barnes & Noble-Potomac, Alexandria, Va., 3:30-6 p.m., Sun., Nov. 18
- Bizarre Bazaar, Ray McAllister Books bo0th, Richmond Raceway Complex, 600 E. Laburnum Ave., Richmond, Va., 10-3 Sat., Dec. 1
- Barnes & Noble, Chesterfield Towne Center, 11500 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, Va. 3-6 p.m., Sun., Dec. 2
- Park Road Books, 4139 Park Road, Charlotte, N.C., 11 a.m.- 1 p.m., Sat., Dec. 8
- City Center Gallery and Books, 112 Hay St., Fayetteville, N.C., 2-4 p.m., Sun., Dec.9
- Barnes & Noble, Greenville, N.C., 6-8 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 13
- Barnes & Noble, Carolina Place Mall, Pineville, 1-4 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 15
Check back, as many more dates and locations are being scheduled now for this fall.
NEW FOR FALL!
Wrightsville Beach now available in AUDIOBOOK, read by actor John Witt, for $19.95.
Or 2 ways to get it FREE:
- Buy any two Ray McAllister print books and automatically get a free audiobook, or:
- Sign up for a 30-day trial at Audible. Wrightsville Beach is yours to keep even if you cancel!
OCRACOKE LIGHTHOUSE AND THE OLD SALTS
BY ELLEN FULCHER CLOUD
Foreword by Ray McAllister
Companion book to Portsmouth: The Way It Was
Get Ocracoke Lighthouse and The Old Salts for just $21.00 with FREE shipping
Flights of Fancy, Randy & Barb’s Humor Book, Is Out!
Beach Glass Books is proud to announce the publication of Randy and Barbara Fitzgerald’s book of humor columns, Flights of Fancy.
The book of award-winning columns includes a foreword by Ray McAllister, illustrations by Douglas Payne, and numerous family photographs. Get your signed copy at one of their book store signings, or ORDER NOW with FREE mailing.
Wrightsville 10th Anniversary Edition launches!
The expanded and enhanced edition of the award-winning Wrightsville Beach: The Luminous Island was published with a kickoff event at the Wrightsville Beach Museum of History. For more on the book, or to order a copy, CLICK HERE.
NEW! Enhanced “WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH” with larger pages & twice pictures, new foreword by Ben Steelman, new author afterword
Just $22.95 with FREE SHIPPING!
MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW BOOKWATCH, September 2017:
“The release of [this] ‘enhanced edition’ … allows for the addition of numerous photos and the enlargement of others in a classic … McAllister’s history captures the atmosphere and evolution of the island in such a way that even non-residents and those relatively unfamiliar with Ocracoke will find it a lively, compelling read.” (FULL REVIEW)
Just $22.95 with FREE SHIPPING! Order here
* * *
BACK IN PRINT! Beach Glass Book is pleased to announce the republishing of an Outer Banks Classic, PORTSMOUTH: THE WAY IT WAS. The award-winning 1996 book, written by the late ELLEN FULCHER CLOUD, is the true story of “the Ghost Village of the Outer Banks.” Portsmouth is being brought back in a special enhanced edition, with larger pages, more photographs, and a new foreword by RAY McALLISTER.
- How PORTSMOUTH came to be. Read Ray McAllister’s foreword to the book.
- Shops selling PORTSMOUTH.
- *Online sellers of PORTSMOUTH (remember, we encourage readers to buy at local OBX and NC shops, listed above).
- Portsmouth in the News
* * *
NEW: The enhanced edition of Ray McAllister’s Ocracoke: The Pearl of the Outer Banks — with larger pages and photographs, 32 additional photographs, and signed by the author — is now available.
The new edition is available in hardcover format for $22.95.
Ocracoke, originally published in 2013, is the fourth book in the author’s North Carolina coastal series. Ocracoke offers a look at the history, people and continuing allure of the remote, white-sanded island that draws tens of thousands of visitors each year. New illustrations focus on Blackbeard, the Ocracoke lighthouse and 20th century island life, bringing to more than 150 the book’s black-and-white illustrations. They also enhance the book’s positions as one of the Outer Banks’ best-selling memento books and gift books.
Like the author’s other coastal books, Ocracoke is a winner of the North Carolina Association of Historian’s Willie Parker Peace History Book Award. It is available at most Outer Banks booksellers, selected North Carolina and Virginia stores, and online sellers, including the author’s web site, www.RayMcAllister.com.
2018 Beach Glass Books
Affiliated with Ray McAllister Books LLC