Diary of a Broken Mind
ORDER NOW! SIGNED copies, with FREE mailing.
CLICK for Richmond Times-Dispatch article
By mail: Send $16.95 to Ray McAllister Books LLC, Box 72672, North Chesterfield, VA 23235.
Or purchase through your local store, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, eBay, or IndieBound.
CLICK for Signings and Appearances
NEXT: Sun., Nov. 3, 2-4 p.m., City Center Gallery & Books, 112 Hay St, Fayetteville, NC, 910.678.8899.
DIARY OF A BROKEN MIND
A Mother’s Story, A Son’s Suicide, and the Haunting Lyrics He Left Behind
BY ANNE MOSS ROGERS
With Charles Rogers
THE FUNNIEST, MOST POPULAR KID IN SCHOOL, Charles Aubrey Rogers suffered from depression and later addiction, then ultimately died by suicide.
Diary of a Broken Mind focuses on the relatable story of what led to his suicide at age twenty and answers the why behind his addiction and this cause of death, revealed through a mother’s story and years of Charles’ published and unpublished song lyrics. The closing chapters focus on hope and healing—and how the author found her purpose and forgave herself.
Diary of a Broken Mind is a poignant and powerful story written with telling detail and searing honesty—and hope. It is an inside look at the issues of depression, addiction, and suicide affecting so many families. It is a book that won’t easily be forgotten.
“ANNE AND HER LATE SON, Charles, bring tragedy, hope and healing through the pages of Diary of a Broken Mind. The unimaginable pain and suffering that countless American families go through as a result of a loved one’s addiction and suicide is real. Through the lens of her son’s musical lyrics, Anne Moss Rogers explores the questions these families ask themselves … Why? And throughout the process, we all learn how to find purpose—even through some of our darkest moments..” – RYAN HAMPTON, author of American Fix: Inside the Opioid Crisis—and How to End It
Richmond Times-Dispatch, by Bill Lohmann, Oct. 3, 2019.
SIGNINGS & APPEARANCES
- Tues., Oct. 1, 6:30 p.m., Fountain Bookstore, 1312 East Cary St., Richmond, Va., 804-788-1594. Publication launch/signing.
- Fri., Oct. 11, 6-11 p.m., Runway 2 Life fashion show, Main Street Station, 1500 E Main St., Richmond, Va., fundraiser w/ National Alliance for Mental Illness, talk and book signing.
- Sun., Nov. 3, 2-4 p.m., City Center Gallery & Books, 112 Hay St, Fayetteville, NC, 910.678.8899.
- Mon., Nov. 4, 2-4 p.m., public book club talk & signing, Cape Fear Regional Theatre, 1209 Hay St., Fayetteville, N.C. Hosted by City Center Gallery & Books.
- Thurs., Nov. 14, 5-7 p.m., Barnes & Noble, Libbie Place, 5501 W. Broad St., Richmond, Va., 804.282.0781.
- Sat., Nov. 16, 1-3 p.m., Book People, 536 Granite Ave, Richmond, Va., 804-288-4346.
- Thurs., Dec. 5, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Bizarre Bazaar, Ray McAllister Books & Gifts, Main Building, Richmond Raceway Complex, 600 E Laburnum Ave, Richmond, VA
Please check back, as signings are continually added.
Visit the Author’s Website